The Silencing Of The Church
How Should Christians Respond To An Increasingly Hostile Society
Questions to be Answered:
> Can We Do Anything?
> Should We Care?
> What Should We Do?
> What Does The Bible Teach?
Christians are often between a rock and a hard place when…
… our governments contribute to evil
… ethics break down
… injustices proliferate
So what are the options for Christians?
- Political Activism?
Christian leaders have seen the perils of each of these choices. Silence can make the church irrelevant to the issues of the day — or worse it can lead to policies that regulate or even persecute Christians. Political activism, on the other hand, can be divisive — and then there is the risk of poorly considered activism that fails to advocate correctly.
If these are the only options, the church is between a rock and a hard place. However, there is a third option — an option seldom considered or discussed. It is this third option that IPS President, Mike Winther, introduced to Christian leaders on June 7th at Heart + Soul Coffee in downtown Modesto.
Presented By: IPS President, Mike Winther
When: Thursday, June 7th from 7:00-8:30pm
Where: Heart + Soul Coffee | 930 11th Street, Modesto, CA 95354
- Steve Walker, Senior Pastor, Central Valley Presbyterian Church
- Rev. Michael Douglass, President & CEO, Advancing Vibrant Communities
- Mark Vasche, Executive Director, Pinnacle Forum of Modesto
- Bob and Cindy Marks, Business Owners, Rogers Jewelry Co.
- John Britton, Board President, City Ministry Network
- Cheryl Van Horn, Director, Vine House Ministries
- Chuck Bryant, National Director of Forum Development, Pinnacle Forum America
- Dr. Robert Chin, Cornerstone Family Practice Medical Group
- Lonnie Skiles, Pastor of Small Groups, Big Valley Grace Community Church
- Marvin and Gail Dole, Business Owners, Vintage Rentals
- Tim Olney, Board Vice President, Institute for Principle Studies
- Pat Chavez, Business Owner, Quality Communications
- Scott Miller, Pastor of Recovery & Counseling, Big Valley Grace Community Church